- 1 Link Aadhar Card with PAN Card at Income Tax E-filling Portal
- 2 Why is PAN Card Very Important?
- 3 How to Link Aadhaar with PAN using SMS Method
- 4 Link Aadhaar with PAN Card at Income Tax e-Filing portal
Link Aadhar Card with PAN Card at Income Tax E-filling Portal
Aadhaar is a 12-digit unique identification number issued by the Indian government to every individual resident of India. The Unique Identification Authority of India (UDAI), which functions under the Planning Commission of India, is responsible for managing Aadhaar numbers and all the Aadhaar related Information of all Aadhar Card Holders.
The main objective of the project is to collect biometric like a photograph, iris scan, fingerprints of Aadhar Holder and demographic data of residents, store them in a centralized database, and issue a 12-digit unique identity number called Aadhaar to each resident. The Aadhaar number can be used while opening a bank account, applying for a passport, booking e-tickets and many other places where there is a need to establish identity.
Why is PAN Card Very Important?
Permanent Account Number (PAN) is a ten-digit alphanumeric number, issued in the form of a card, by the Income Tax Department, to any “person” who applies for it or to whom the department allots the number without an application. PAN Card is Issued by the Income Tax Department of India. With the Help of PAN. PAN is mandatory for financial transactions such as receiving taxable salary or professional fees, sale or purchase of assets above specified limits, buy mutual funds and more. The primary objective of PAN is to use a universal identification key to tracking financial transactions.
In recent Time Aadhar Card is Gaining Massive Importance as ID Proof Over another ID card. The government has Started Linking Aadhar Card with All other ID Cards like PAN Card, Ration Card and Election Card. The Main Purpose Behind this Linking Strategy is to Track All Possible Details and Transaction of Card Holder and Reduce Corruption Quickly. In this Post, We will See How One Can Link Aadhar Card with their PAN Card in Different Ways.
How to Link Aadhaar with PAN using SMS Method
In Order to Link Aadhar with PAN Using SMS/Offline Method, You need to Type and Send a Simple Message/SMS at Given Number. After Successfully Verification of Aadhar and PAN card Details, You will get Confirmation SMS from Officials.
Type Message in Given Format:
UIDPAN<Your 12 digit Aadhaar Card Number><Your 10 digit PAN Number>
Example: UIDPAN 123456789123ABCDEFGHIJ
Send SMS to 567678 or 56161
Link Aadhaar with PAN Card at Income Tax e-Filing portal
To link PAN Card and Aadhaar card you have to first register on the Income Tax e-Filing portal. Now after registration, You need to Follow given Steps to Link Aadhar with PAN card via Online Method:
- In the First Step Log into the Income Tax Department India e-Filing portal by Providing Your log-in ID, password, and date of birth. (Your User ID should be Your PAN NUMBER)
- On logging in to the site, a pop-up will Open, Now in that Window, you have to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card.
- Details like date of birth and gender will already be mentioned as per the details submitted at the time of registration on the e-Filing portal.
- Verify the details on given form with the ones you submitted at the time of Aadhaar Card Registration.
- After Successfully Matching of Details Given by You it‘s time to enter your Aadhaar card number and click on the “link now” button.
- A pop-up message will inform you that your Aadhaar card has been successfully linked to your PAN card.
Steps to Link Aadhar with PAN Card Online
- Open the Income Tax e-filing portal OR You can CLICK HERE.
- Register on it. Your PAN (Permanent Account Number) will be your user id.
- Login on the page using your User ID, Password and Date of Birth.
- Now In the Left Side of the Screen, You can See “LINK AADHAR” Option. Just Click on it and New Window will Open.
- Now in the Next Window Add the required details like Name, DOB and gender as per PAN Card details after that Enter your 12 digit Aadhaar card number and verify captcha and Click On Link Aadhaar.
- That’s It One POP UP will Open Written “AADHAR-PAN Linking is Completed Successfully”
The IT department of India has started the online facility for correction of errors in names and other information present on the Aadhaar document and PAN card. Now IT Department has also added two links on the official website for e-filing of tax. One link takes to the application page for Permanent Account number by an Indian national or a foreigner and the other link takes you to the page where you can update all the necessary changes.
Importance of Linking Aadhar with PAN Card
- The government is leaving no stone unturned to make every Government process digital. The Main reason to make every Government Process Digital is to Reduce Corruption and make every Transaction Transparent so that the chances of fraud will reduce in future.
- By linking the Aadhaar and PAN cards together, the government will be able to keep an eye on all the taxable transactions of a particular individual or entity.
- By Linking Aadhar Card with PAN card One can Easily Pay their Income Tax Return using Aadhar Card. By Linking Aadhar with PAN Individual can’t able to Misdirect Income Tax Department by Making Multiple PAN Card to Save more TAX.
We hope You get the Process of Aadhar Link to PAN Card. You can also check out the post to Link Aadhar with Voter ID Card and Ration Card If you find any Problem in Given Process kindly Shoot us an email. We will get back to you as soon as possible.