For aadhar card status online check, first, you need to apply for aadhar card online or offline. In order to apply online, you need to open the website and fill the form and take an appointment to the nearest aadhar card center. Alternatively, you can directly visit the nearest aadhar card center to apply for aadhar card. No matter from where you have applied for aadhar card, you need to visit the aadhar card center to give the biometric print of finger and Irish, and photograph. Once you get the acknowledgment slip carrying enrolment number, you can check aadhar card status online. You just need to enter the aadhar card enrolment number to track your UIDAI card status. Below there are steps for checking aadhar card status through enrolment number online with or without a mobile number.
Aadhar Card Status Online Check
An applicant can check the aadhar card status online by visiting the online portal of UIDAI website. There is no fee or charges are applied to the application of aadhar card and for checking its status. It is free only for Indian citizens. Follow these steps to check the application status online
- Visit the UIDAI, official website for aadhar card https://uidai.gov.in/.
- Under the Aadhar Online Service in Aadhar enrolment center, click on the “Check Aadhar status” option. You can directly visit the page by clicking on the link: https://resident.uidai.gov.in/check-aadhar-status.
- Enter the enrolment number because you are not allotted with aadhar card number till now. Also, enter a name, pin code address, security code and click on the ‘check status’ button.
- In case you have given the aadhar card number, you will receive a message on your mobile number regarding it. Now you have the option to download the aadhar card online if you have registered number with you.
- In case you need to download the digital copy of Aadhar card, click on the download aadhar option
- If you want your aadhar on mobile, then click on the get aadhar on mobile option
Why Aadhar Card Status Check Needed?
Since aadhar card is a crucial document for every Indian citizen, everyone is ought to have aadhar card to avail other government services. Once you apply for the card, it will send to your house within 60-90 days. However, it is a subject to verification and could be rejected. If it is not received to your house and you have not received any notification regarding aadhar card number and its dispatch for months, then you need to check aadhar card status online.
In these uncertain cases, you can visit the official website of UIDAI to check the aadhar card status online via or by SMS. Checking the aadhar card will ensure your application process is intact and it has been made very inconvenient by the government. There are methods by which aadhar card status can be checked
With acknowledgment slip
The acknowledgment slip is the slip, which you receive aadhar card application submission that contains the 14-digits enrolment number with date and time when the slip is generated. In order to check the status of aadhar card—first you need to know the 12-digits of aadhar card number. If you do not have aadhar card number then go with another option of 14-digits enrolment number. The above-mentioned method to check aadhar card status online is with acknowledgment slip or enrolment number.
Without acknowledgment slip
If you are not able to find your acknowledgment slip, then you can retrieve your enrolment number online by giving your credentials on the UIDAI website. It will fetch all your data including enrolment, date, and time of application of aadhar card.
- Visit the official website of the UIDAI
- Click on the option Aadhar services on the website or visit the link directly https://resident.uidai.gov.in/web/resident/find-uid-eid
- Now go to the ‘Find UID/EID’ option
- Now, you can see the option of lost aadhar card number or enrolment number
- Enter the details like full name, email address, and mobile number to check aadhar card status online
- Now enter the security code appear on the screen to generate OTP
- Click on the get OTP button to receive the OTP on your registered mobile number
- You can receive OTP via SMS either on mobile number or on the email address. Now enter the OTP on the required field
- Click on the verify OTP option
- Once you have successfully verified yourself, you will receive the aadhar enrolment number on your mobile number or via email on the registered email-Id
In order to ensure the aadhar card status via SMS—first you need to have registered mobile number, a number registered with aadhar card application form, active number if the number is not registered with the application form, etc. if the number is not registered, then visit the nearest aadhar center to register the mobile number. If the number is registered but you have lost the number or it is not active. Then, in this case, you need to update the mobile number on the website or at the aadhar center. Having mobile number registered with aadhar card is necessary to receive the OTP and other notifications regarding aadhar card.
- To ensure the aadhar card status online or via SMS, type UID STATUS<space-14-digits enrolment number> and send it to the 51969
- If the aadhar number is generated, you will receive the aadhar number visa SMS on your mobile number
- If the aadhar number is not generated yet, its status will be sent to your mobile number via SMS.
Use toll-free number to call at aadhar support center and know about your aadhar card status. Call on the 1947 to know the aadhar card status but for this you need to tell your enrolment number.
If the aadhar card is generated and dispatched from the office, then you can check at your local post office to know about its status.