According to latest News by EPFO now, it’s mandatory to Link all the Employee’s Aadhar Card Number to EPF Account. Earlier We can link aadhar to EPF only via Online method by now you can link your aadhar to EPF account via Offline also. Before Moving to the Process Let’s take a look at why it’s important to link aadhar to EPF account? Lets see how to link aadhaar with pf account online and offline methods step by step.
Link aadhar to EPF account?
- There is no need to upload multiple documents because Aadhar contains all the required details of an Employee.
- Aadhar Contains all the required details like Name, Address, Mobile Number, Gender and Biometrics data.
- Aadhar Card is very strong Proof of your Identity so at the time of EPF Withdrawal Process it makes easy for EPFO Officials to verify your KYC Details. (If you have locked your Aadhar Biometrics then It is required to disable that feature before KYC Verification. For that Refer to Lock & Unlock Aadhar Biometrics Post)
So, These are the main reasons why you need to link your aadhar number to your EPF account. Now come up to the main topic and follow the given process to Link your aadhar to EPF account.
Online method to Link aadhar to EPF is easier than Offline method because it takes less time.
- First Go to New EPFO Official Unified Portal.
- Now Login by Entering your UAN Number, Password and Captcha code for Verification.
- Then Login section select KYC Tab under MANAGE Section into left side as shown in Below Image.
- Now You Select Aadhar Tab and Enter your 12 Digit Aadhar Number and Name as per the Document and Save the Changes.
- As you can see there are many tabs like Bank, PAN, Passport, Driving Licence, Election Card, Ration Card and National Population Register is given you can also provide all the details as KYC verification. It will be very beneficial at the time of EPF Withdrawal when you get to retire.
Sometimes we have seen that Many Employee’s Aadhar details mismatch with the original aadhar details and the end they disapprove your Aadhar to link with EPF. so you need to take care of that part. always give correct Name and Aadhar number and then Save the details.
Once you save the details, then you can view the same under pending KYC option. Now you have to Wait for around 15 days for approval. If it is approved, then your Aadhaar status will be available in “Approved KYC” area.
Earlier EPFO has already made it mandatory for pensioners to submit Aadhar number for availing of benefits of the Employees’ Pension Scheme. Recently The EPFO has developed this Aadhaar seeding application with support of the Common Service Centers (CSC) and CDAC. EPFO joined CSC of the IT department to widen its reach to all EPF members all over the country. The CSC network is one of the largest government approved online service delivery channels in the world.
Now with the implementation of Aadhaar linking Application, employees or pensioner can walk in any of the field offices of EPFO or CSC with UAN and Aadhaar card and ask them to link your aadhar with EPF.
Documents Required to seed Aadhar to EPF Offline
- UAN number
- PAN card copy
- Aadhaar card copy
- Bank IFSC code
- Account number
So, We hope you get enough idea and Importance of Linking aadhar with EPF account. If you haven’t done it yet Kindly do it fast and Link your aadhar with EPF to avail EPFO benefits in future.
We will update you time to time when we get new information regarding this topic.