There is no second opinion that Aadhar is one of the most important Identities of Indian People despite knowing the truth that Aadhar isn’t mandatory by the Supreme Courte of India. Aadhar is still required in some government process like to open a new account and to get benefits of some government schemes launched by the Indian government.
If you haven’t applied for your Aadhar Card yet then We highly recommend you to enroll for aadhar card process at your nearest aadhar card Kendra but in case if you enrolled for the Aadhar Card process and lost your Original Aadhar Card then this post is very important for you because in this post We are gonna provide you with some steps to follow once you Lost your Original Aadhar Card. So stay with us and read this info till the end.
Lost Original Aadhar Card
Sometimes it’s possible that we lost our ID proof by mistake and it may misplace at the home and we can’t able to find them. In this scenario, we have to enroll again for the aadhar process.
Unique Identification Authority of India aka UIDAI has a facility to retrieve Lost aadhar card by providing information. Here are required thing that you need to get your duplicate aadhar card which is known as Eaadhar and has the same importance as Original aadhar card.
Required Documents to retrieve lost aadhar card
- Correct Mobile Number (To receive OTP)
- Registered Email Address
- Your EID/UID number (Given in the ENrollment Slip)
- Date and Time of Enrollment (Given in the ENrollment Slip)
- Area PIN Code
- A Little Brain to Solve Captcha Code
The process to Retrieve Lost Aadhar Card
Now follow these steps to retrieve duplicate aadhar card copy:
- Log on to www.uidai.gov.in to download the duplicate copy of Aadhaar.
- Now on Home Page of UIDAI select “Download Aadhar” Option (If you don’t know your EID/UID number then first you have to Retrieve your EID/UID by selecting the appropriate option under Aadhar Online Services)
- After Clicking on Download Aadhar Option you will be redirected to the new page.
- Now in the next page, you need to enter few details as shown in the figure.
- Now Select Enrolment ID Option, and select Regular Aadhar Card as Preference
- Now Enter Your EID Number
- In the next box enter Full Name given in Enrollment Slip and then provide your 6 digit area pin code
- For verification enter the Security code and then request for OTP.
- Once all the detailed will be correct you will receive OPT on your registered mobile number.
- Once you get OTP to enter the code in Last Tab and Click on Download Button and you are Done.
Once you click on Download Aadhar Button one PDF file will open which contains your Eaadhar but it’s password protected and Here is the info about What’s the Password of Eaadhar PDF.
So these are some simple steps you have to follow when you lost your Original aadhar card. Make sure you download your Eaadhar card and make a few copies so in case if 1 is lost you have another.
If you find any difficulty in the above steps feel free to comment in the comment section below and we will try our best to solve them.