This post is updated according to the new UIDAI system. You must have registered mobile to complete this process online otherwise you need to opt offline as explained below.
At Self Service Updating Portal you can make a number of corrections like Address, Name, Sur Name, Father Name, Mother Name but you cannot make a change in Date of Birth. for this, you have to visit Permanent UIDAI Center nearby in your state.
You can make Aadhaar corrections in three ways
- Online – SSUP at UIDAI by Yourself
- Offline – By Visiting UIDAI Office with Original Documents
- Post Mail – By Sending a Post to UIDAI Office
We will cover all these in details and you can choose as per your convenience.
Online – SSUP at UIDAI
If you find that Your Aadhar Details are Wrong or have any mistake after Getting Aadhar card you need to correct those details as soon as possible.
So, In this Post, We are Going to Discuss How you an Update/Change Aadhar Details online and Offline at SSUP
SSUP Update Steps
Kindly Follow the Given Steps to Update your Aadhar Details Online at Aadhar Self Service Portal.
I will do a process like to change the address on your Aadhaar card as this is the most used all across India. The rest you can see on that website according to your needs.
Step-1: In the First Step Visit Aadhaar Self Service Update Portal. UIDAI
You will see a picture like below;
Step-2: Now, click on ‘My Aadhaar’ as I have shown in the above picture
Step-3: Now, if you already have a valid address proof then click on ‘Update Address’ or request for Address Validation Letter below.
Step-4: Enter your 12 – digit Aadhaar card number
Step-5: Enter Image Text shown for ‘Text Verification’
Step-6: Click on ‘Send OTP’
Step-7: Enter the received ‘OTP’ that you receive through SMS
Step-8: Click on ‘Login’
Step-9: Now, you will see two option like Have Adress Proof or Have Adress Verification Letter
Step-10: Click on ‘Adress Proof ‘ or else another one if you have a letter
Step-11: Fill the address and also Land Mark like ‘Near Masjid or Mall’
Step-12: Click on ‘Proceed’
Step-13: Attach the documents you have in .jpeg, png format.
Step-14: Click on ‘Submit’
Step-15: Now you will see a Dialogue box asking if your documents are original or not click ‘Yes’
Step-16: Next, Check the box click on BPO Service Provider & submit
Step-17: Your process is complete
Step-18: Download the file and then you can track later on.
Here is a list of Documents required to be Uploaded for Aadhar Verification Process.
PROOF OF ADDRESS
- Driving Licence ID
- PAN Card ID
- Voter ID Card OF PERSON
- Ration Card
- Bank Statement or Passbook (ANY INDIAN BANK)
- Electricity Bill OF HOME (Latest one)
- Telephone Landline Bill (Latest One)
- Insurance Policy (ANY LIKE LIC ETC)
- Water bill (Latest One)
- Property Tax Receipt (Latest One)
- Credit Card Statement (IF APPLICABLE -> Latest One)
- Get Signed Letter having Photo from Bank on letterhead
- Signed Letter having Photo issued by registered Company on letterhead
- Keep Signed Letter having Photo issued by Recognized Educational Instruction on letterhead
- Arms License
- Caste and Domicile Certificate having Photo issued by State Govt.
- Disability ID Card/handicapped medical certificate issued by the respective State/UT Governments/Administrations
- Passport of Parents (In case of Minor)
- Freedom Fighter Card
- CGHS / ECHS Card
- Pensioner Card
PROOF OF IDENTITY
- Passport (ORIGINAL)
- PAN Card ID PROOF
- Ration/ PDS Photo Card
- Voter ID Card
- Driving License
- Arms License
- Photo Credit Card
- Pensioner Photo Card
- Kissan Photo Passbook
- CGHS / ECHS Photo Card
- Freedom Fighter Photo Card
- NREGS Job Card
- Photo Bank ATM Card
PROOF OF RELATIONSHIP
- Pension Card OF FAMILY HEAD
- Passport (ORIGINAL -> NOT EXPIRED)
- Army Canteen Card (Applicable for only Ex-Servicemen)
- Birth Certificate issued by Registrar at the time of Birth
- MNREGA Job Card
- CGHS/State Government/ECHS/ESIC Medical card
PROOF OF DATE OF BIRTH
- Birth Certificate
- PAN CARD
- VOTER ID CARD
- RATION CARD
- DRIVING LICENCE
After Successful Upload of Document, You have to submit your Application to Generate URN Number.
URN Number is Update Request Number. It is Important to Check Aadhar Update Application Status Online in Future.
Offline SSUP by Post
You can also Update your Aadhar Detail Offline by Filling Aadhar Correction Form. Follow the Simple steps given Below.
- First You have to Download Aadhar Correction Form.
- Fill up the Form Carefully.
- Attach one Your Document with Self Attest in an Envelope.
- Send this Envelope to One of the Aadhar Regional Office Address Given Below.
- UIDAI, Post Box number 10, Chhindwara, Madhya Pradesh – 480001, India
- UIDAI, Post Box number 99, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad – 500034, India.
Aadhaar Correction by Visiting office
You can choose this option if you are a tech guy or don’t have a mobile number connected with Aadhaar UIDAI.
Here, first, find nearby UIDAI enrollment centers.
Once, you click on submit. You will find the nearest permanent or locate aadhar enrollment centers.
If you have to have any difficulty in finding the center the contact UIDAI Helplines Statewise
Make sure to take Application Form duly filled – Aadhaar Correction Form
Visit the office and submit the documents with the application form.
You are done.
NOTE: – Once your Aadhar Card has Updated then You are able to see Aadhar Updated Status at SSUP. If your Aadhar has not been Updated yet then wait for Few days and Check your Aadhar Update status Again after a couple of days.
Hence, We Can Say The Process of Aadhar Correction is Easy and Fast but If you face any issue in the Entire Process Please let us know, We will try to resolve your Queries.
More Reads: You can read about how to Aadhar Card Download by Name and Date of Birth
- How to Change Adress in Aadhaar
- Aadhaar Card correction Online with Mobile & Also follow Aaddhaar Correction
- Aadhaar Self Service Update Portal
- How to Change Surname in Aadhaar Card
- Aadhaar Correction Offline
FAQ’s About SSUP
Question-1: What is a URN in SSUP Updates?
Answer: URN is an Update Request Number that you receive when you apply for any Aadhaar update through Offline Procedure. This is a 14 digit number that you will receive at your registered mobile. For example 00110/00282/0xxxx.
Question-2: What is an SRN in SSUP Updates?
Answer: SRN is a Service Request Number that you receive when you apply for any updates in Aadhaar Card via SSUP online system.
Question-3: How to check Aadhaar URN Status?
Answer: Go to UIDAI official website, Enter your aadhaar URN in the given format then hit check.
Question-4: Why to Update Mobile?
Answer: Currently, the Income-tax department has launched the scheme to link the aadhar number with the PAN number. You can do this by visiting the income tax e-filling website, thus the name on both the aadhar and PAN is the same then there is no need of OTP but if there is a mismatch in name in the database, OTP will be required.
- A mobile number is required during the income tax filing. For paperless e filling of the return, you will need OTP to verify aadhar. In this case, you do not need to submit the ITR-V acknowledgment to the central Processing cell, Bangalore.
- The government if India has also decided to link the aadhar with a mobile number so that no outsider can purchase the SIM in Indian and do illegal work.
- There is strict rules and regulations to telephone operator to activate the mobile number when aadhar is linked
- Moreover, the aadhar is mandatory in banks also. Now, banks are doing KYC process to update aadhar number online
Question-5: How to make corrections without OTP?
Answer: In case, the mobile number is lost the aadhar card mobile number lost will be updated as the method mentioned above. It must update the number offline then verify the number online by login into your account and receive OTP on the registered mobile number.
Question-6: Is it Compulsory to change Name/Address in Aadhar?
Answer: No. If your Aadhar has wrong details like Wrong Name/Address then you have to Update your Aadhar Card ASAP.
Question-7: What is the best method to Update Aadhar Card?
Answer: As we have Discuss earlier Online Aadhar Correction Method is best and very Fast because You don’t have to visit any Aadhar Centre for that but if you don’t have any internet access then You can also go with Offline Method.
Question-8: How much time does it take to get New Updated Aadhar Card?
Answer: It Depends. If you provided all correct details then You will get New Updated Aadhar Card within Few Weeks.
Question-9: Is the new Updated Aadhar Card is Valid?
Answer: YES. It’s valid all over India.
Question-10: Can I track Aadhar Update Status Online?
Answer: Yes, You can Track Your Aadhar Update Status.