As we know, Micro, Small and Medium Enterprise is playing a very important role in India’s economic growth. It’s a very dynamic sector which reducing unemployment in India. In the 2006 (Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises) MSME Act has been notified to address policy issue which effects on the MSME Sector. So, after that, each small and medium business has to apply for the MSME Registration with the EM-1 & EM-2 forms which are replaced by the newly name Udyog Aadhar Registration.
- 1 Benefits of Udyog Aadhar MSME Registration
- 2 Documents Required for Udyog Aadhar MSME Registration
- 3 How To Get Udyog Aadhar MSME Online Registration – Basic Guidelines
- 3.1 Aadhaar Card Number
- 3.2 Name of Entrepreneur
- 3.3 Social Category
- 3.4 Gender
- 3.5 Name of Enterprise
- 3.6 Type of Organization
- 3.7 PAN Number
- 3.8 Business Address
- 3.9 Date of Commencement
- 3.10 Previous Registration Details
- 3.11 Bank Details
- 3.12 Major Activity
- 3.13 NIC Code
- 3.14 Number of Employees
- 3.15 The Investments for Plants and Machinery
- 3.16 DIC Location
- 3.17 Submit
- 4 How Can I Cancel a Udyog Aadhaar Registration?
- 5 Conclusions
- 6 Contact information
Read More: How to Link Aadhaar with Other Cards
These days, you can apply for MSME or SSI Registration online. The Govt. of India has simplified the registration process by the introduction of Udyog Aadhaar MSME in India. Prior to applying for MSME registration entrepreneurs need to apply with two different forms with two separate fillings. Those are (Entrepreneurs Memorandum) EM Part-1 and EM Part-2. The manual procedure is ridden with several challenges. And definitely, that was not considered investor or entrepreneurs friendly.
On account of the cumbersome procedure and since the filling of EM is not mandatory, many MSMEs have not registered themselves and are outside the scope of services from time to time offered by the Government.
Hence, the one page Udyog Adhaar Memo is an initiative of the Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises Ministry Govt. of India at simplifying the registration process for entrepreneurs and promoting ease of doing business. One of the main objectives is to make the process of filling Udyog Adhaar MSME forms for the applicant through online anytime registration.
First of all, let us discuss the benefits of Udyog Aadhaar MSME Registration:
Benefits of Udyog Aadhar MSME Registration
Udyog Aadhar MSME Registered business entity is eligible for receiving all government scheme subsidies. Some of the benefits are loan without collateral guarantee, easier loan procedure with a low rate of interest. In addition to this, support like government subsidies, financial support to participate in exhibitions in foreign countries.
Documents Required for Udyog Aadhar MSME Registration
- Aadhaar Number: 12 digits Aadhaar number issued to the applicant.
- Name of Owner: The applicant name as mentioned on the Aadhaar Card issued by UIDAI.
- Social Category: General / Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe / Other Backward Castes (with proof).
- Name of Enterprise: Name of the legal entity to conduct business.
- Type of Organization: Type of Business Entity or Legal Entity.
- Postal Address: Address of the business including mobile and email address.
- Date of Commencement: The date on which businesses were started.
- Any Previous Registration Details: The details for previous MSME registration, if any should be recorded here.
- Bank Details: Details of the bank account of the company including IFSC Code and Bank Account number.
- Majors Areas: A Major area for any activity of the business – manufacturing or service.
- NIC Number: You can find NIC Code from the National Industrial Classification (NIC) handbook. Click Here
- The person employed: The total number of people employed in the business.
- The Investments for Plants and Machinery-Equipment: To amount to be instead for this with categories as later if you need to change this Plant or Equipment then you have to de-register
- DIC: Details of the District Industry Center nearest to the business, if required.
How To Get Udyog Aadhar MSME Online Registration – Basic Guidelines
Aadhaar Card Number
First of all, you have to fill up the 12-digit Aadhaar number. For online registration, you can’t continue the Udyog Aadhaar registration application without an Aadhaar number.
Name of Entrepreneur
Secondly, you have to provide the name of the owner. Here, you have to write the name as per your Aadhaar card. Basically, your name for Udyog Aadhaar registration must match with the name and style of your Aadhaar Card. Otherwise, you will face rejection.
Now you have to write the specific social category of yours. Mention, whether you belong to a General, SC, ST or OBC category. Other than the General category, you have to provide the specific document as proof of your status.
Then you have to mention your gender. Provide whether you are a male or female candidate.
Name of Enterprise
You have to provide the name of your business that is a legal entity to conduct business. You may have more than one enterprise doing business. Every entity can be registered for a separate Udyog Aadhaar and with the same Adhaar Number as Enterprise A and Enterprise B or Enterprise – 1 and Enterprise – 2, etc.
Type of Organization
You have to mention the appropriate type of organization. Additionally, you have to ensure that you are the authorized person to fill the online form.
In the case of Co-Operative, Private Limited, Public Limited, and Limited Liability Partnership, you have to enter the PAN number. However, it is optional for the remaining type of Organisation.
You have to provide the complete postal address of the Enterprise including State, District, Pin Code, Mobile No, and Email. Additionally, you have to mention the plant address also. However, you can add multiple plant locations in one registration by clicking the Add Plant button.
Date of Commencement
The date of commencement is the specific date when the business entity started the operation. Here, you have to provide that particular date for commencing the business.
Previous Registration Details
If you have already an SSI registration, then you have to provide the number here. Just mention the number in the appropriate place.
Here, you must provide the bank account number that you use for the business transaction. Additionally, you must provide the IFS Code of the bank’s branch where the account exists.
You have to choose a major activity from two alternatives. Mention whether you operate ‘Manufacturing’ or ‘Service’ based business. However, if you are into both manufacturing and service, then choose an option that you do on a large scale. You can’t mention them both.
NIC stands for National Industry Classification. Basically, you can mention more than one classification code. To do so, you can click the ‘Add More’ button.
Number of Employees
Here, you have to provide the total number of employees in your enterprise. Only include those persons who are directly underpaid salary/wages.
The Investments for Plants and Machinery
You need to mention the total investment amount in plant, machinery, and equipment. However, only mention the original investment that means the purchase value. Provide the value excluding the cost of pollution control, research and development, industrial safety devices, and such other items.
According to the location of your enterprise provide the DIC location of that particular area. However, if there is more than one DIC, then you have to mention in the respective column.
Finally, you have to click on the Submit button to generate OTP. Actually, you will get a One Time Password at your registered email id. Additionally, you have to enter the OTP received on mobile for the second time. Finally, enter the captcha and hit the submit button.
We hope the above-mentioned guide will help you in submitting the Udyog Aadhaar MSME registration online. To file the Udyog Aadhaar MSME online Click Here.
How Can I Cancel a Udyog Aadhaar Registration?
To Cancel Udyog Aadhar Online is not possible. You only can update or make corrections in your Udyog aadhar. You can cancel through offline mode. For this, you need to visit the nearest District Center and approach to the proper officer. One may be asked to submit some documents and letter i.e you are not taking any benefits from MSME Department on this basis.
FAQ’s – Udyog Aadhaar
1. How & When is due De-Registration of MSME?
It is due in the following two scenarios;
- Change in Product: If the enterprise changes its products that are already filed Entrepreneur Memorandum then the enterprise should inform the same in writing to District Industries Sector within three months. Failure will lead to a huge penalty & cancellation of Udyog Aadhar.
- Increase in Investment: If the enterprise changes its investment to one product to another product that is already filed Entrepreneur Memorandum then the enterprise should inform the same in writing to District Industries Sector within three months. Failure will lead to huge penalty & cancellation of Udyog Aadhar
2. What are the limitations for Udyog Aadhar Enterprise
10 Lac INR to 5 Crore INR, there are more categories like Micro (10-25 Lac), Small (25 Lac – 02 Crore) & Medium Enterprise (02 Crore – 05 Crore).
3. When I am not eligible for Udyog Aadhaar Card?
If your business exceeds Five Crore then you are not eligible to get benefits of Udyog Aadhar as you have now well-established business and this clearly proves that Udyog Aadhar is mainly for Micro to Medium Enterprises.
Udyog Aadhar has been very successful to get Indian Citizens back on the business track. If you are eligible then go for it without wasting any time as it will help to save a lot of bucks as you will get government subsidy on different sectors. If you start from Micro (2 lac minimum) then your chances are higher to optimize your business to small & medium with hard work. This is the best thing a government can do for the prosperity of a developing nation. It’s up to you how you grow & exceeds the limits.
Good Luck and if you have any queries about any Aadhar, please let us know. Our team will try to reserve your query in the next 48 hours.
In case of any confusion, you can contact directly to the helpline by given portals below;