How to Update an Aadhaar Card?
Aadhar as an Identity Proof getting more and more Importance this day. The government has started Making Major steps to reduce corruption and make the system more Transparent. For that, It is essential to Link Aadhar with Various Other ID Proofs like PAN Card, Voter ID Card and Bank Account. aadhar card correction online is explained below step by step.
It is Possible that Sometimes there is some mistakes in newly issued Aadhaar Card like Change in Name, Surname or Address and Mobile Number. The Main reason behind this Mistakes is Very Large Database of UIDAI. UIDAI has Large Database and sometimes there’s Mismatch of User’s Data.
In this kind of situation You need to do Correction in Your Name or Address, Like If you just got Married than You have to change your Surname in aadhar Card. If you have changed your Home then you need to Update your New Address in aadhar card.
Update Name in Aadhaar at SSUP Portal
The Process is very Simple. To change your Name in aadhar Card You need to Update your Detail at Aadhar Self Service Update Portal Online and Provide all Info and Upload Document. Follow the Steps.
- Go to AADHAR SELF SERVICE UPDATE PORTAL or Clicking HERE.
- Now Enter your 12 Digit Aadhar Number and press Enter to Get ONE TIME PASSWORD to your Registered Mobile Number.
- Then You will get One OTP, Enter that OTP in Login Page.
- After Login You can see there are 5 Option to Update Different Details
- Date of Birth
- Mobile Number
- Now CHECK on NAME Box to Update your Name and press Enter.
- Now in the Next Page, you have to Enter your CORRECT Details Like Name and Surname to Update your New Aadhar Card.
- In the Last step, You have to upload the scanned colored copy of your documents. It can be any government proof such as driving license, PAN card and so on. After this, you have to select any agency, from where you want your details to be updated.(See-> List of Document Required to update Aadhar Card)
What is URN Number?
URN Stand for UPDATE REQUEST NUMBER
After Aadhar Update Process you will get URN Number on your registered Mobile Number.
This Number is Very Important, Suppose You need to check your Aadhar Update Status then You can use this URN Number as a reference to check your Aadhar Update Status Online and you can Track Your Updated Aadhar Card.
Aadhar Correction by Post/Offline
If you don’t have Internet Access or You don’t know Online Process then you can also make aadhar correction Offline by Submitting Form via Post.
- In the First Step Download Aadhar Correction Form.
- Then read the Guidelines while Filling Aadhar Correction Form.
- Read all the Guidelines Carefully and Fill up the Form.
- After Filling up Aadhar Correction Form Send it to One of the Listed Address encloses with one Identity Proof from the List given in Form.
- UIDAI, Post Box number 10, Chhindwara, Madhya Pradesh – 480001, India
- UIDAI, Post Box number 99, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad – 500034, India
Points To Remember in Aadhar Card Correction Online Process
There is also a possibility that Your Aadhar Update Request will be Reject. so for that, You need to take care of few Points listed Below.
- Make sure that enter all the information correct.
- The supporting documents that you provide must be a part of the approved list of documents.
- Fill in the details in English or in your local language.
- In the case of Aadhar Online correction, keep the URN safe because you will need it to check the status of the update.
- If you don’t have the phone number that you used while registering, use the offline option to update Aadhar information.
- Send only the documents that are needed to support the information being changed. For example, if you are requesting for your date of birth to be corrected, don’t send the DOB documents along with address/ID proof documents.
- Remember that the corrected Aadhar will only be delivered to the address on record so ensure that you are at the location to receive it.
We hope that You get the process completely. If you still have any Issue Updating Aadhar Details send your Queries and we will help you to solve your Problems.
FAQ Regarding Aadhar Card Correction Online
Q.) Is it Compulsory to change Name/Address in Aadhar?
A.) No. If your Aadhar has wrong details like Wrong Name/Address then you have to Update your Aadhar Card ASAP.
Q.) What is the best method to Update Aadhar Card?
A.) As we have Discuss earlier Online Aadhar Correction Method is best and very Fast because You don’t have to visit any Aadhar Centre for that but if you don’t have any internet access then You can also go with Offline Method.
Q.) How much time does it take to get New Updated Aadhar Card?
A.) It Depends. If you provided all correct details then You will get New Updated Aadhar Card within Few Weeks.
Q.) Is new Updated Aadhar Card is Valid?
A.) YES. It’s valid all over India.
Q.) Can I track Aadhar Update Status Online?
A.) Yes, You can Track Your Aadhar Update Status. Check out THIS POST.